Connectivity Software for Healthcare and Autonomous systems
embedded world 2019: February 26-28, Nuremberg, Germany
- newest product version of their connectivity software, Connext 6
- specifically designed for highly autonomous systems with large volumes of data, such as autonomous cars and Healthcare systems.
Connext 6 allows system architects to address key technical challenges in complex autonomous systems, including effective management of high-bandwidth sensor data, simple integration with standardized interfaces, and optimized security, including for safety-critical systems.
New features are compatible and interoperable across RTI’s Connext product suite – Connext DDS Secure, Professional, Micro and Cert. Moreover, RTI’s connectivity software, based on the Data Distribution Service (DDS) standard, provides the ability to integrate OPC-UA into DDS systems, and run DDS with the emerging IEEE TSN set of standards.
For use in autonomous cars and systems:
- Connext 6 provides a data-centric, interoperable framework that supports all of the operating systems and processor families commonly used by OEMs and their suppliers.
- RTI’s software supports use of the DDS standard in both the Robotic Operating System (ROS2) and the AUTOSAR Adaptive Platform.
- The safety-certifiable version, Connext DDS Cert, meets the requirements of ISO 26262 ASIL-D, the automotive functional safety standard.
- Connext 6 includes Connext DDS Secure, the first secure connectivity software designed for real-time control and autonomous applications.
For use in Healthcare:
- Connext 6 enables healthcare companies to streamline high-bandwidth data connectivity across complex systems, providing new capabilities for sensor fusion applications.
- Healthcare IoT systems involve transporting and analyzing unprecedented amounts of data in real time while maintaining the reliability and security of a medical-grade network.
- Connext DDS also provides support for confidentiality, integrity and access control as well as compliance with stringent safety-certification standards.
- With Connext 6, healthcare companies can efficiently develop next-generation medical systems.
The Connext 6 product suite will be generally available in Q1 2019.
About Real-Time Innovations (RTI), Inc.
Real-Time Innovations is the Industrial Internet of Things (IIoT) connectivity company. The RTI Connext® databus is a software framework that shares information in real time, making applications work together as one, integrated system. It connects across field, fog and cloud. Its reliability, security, performance and scalability are proven in the most demanding industrial systems. Deployed systems include medical devices and imaging; wind, hydro and solar power; autonomous planes, trains and cars; traffic control; Oil and Gas; robotics, ships and defense.
RTI is the largest vendor of products based on the Object Management Group (OMG) Data Distribution Service™ (DDS) standard. RTI is privately held and headquartered in Sunnyvale, California.