RTI Connext DDS: Energy Systems, Autonomous Driving and Healthcare
With RTI Connext DDS, Real-Time Innovations (RTI) has designed a connectivity framework for the demanding requirements of the IIoT. Based on the Connext Databus, it can be used for a variety of applications.
RTI’s software allows applications to exchange data in real time and provides the non-stop availability and security essential for mission-critical systems. The Connext Databus enables applications to work together as one integrated system, significantly reducing development, integration and maintenance costs.
RTI Connext DDS has proven success in thousands of systems including autonomous vehicles, connected medical devices and next-generation energy systems.
The power and utility sector is witnessing significant disruption and changes in policy, technology, and customer requirements. The Industrial Internet of Things offers an opportunity to deliver on the promise of smart energy. Industrial-strength data sharing can improve power generation and distribution and enable the efficient use of renewable energy resources at large scale.
RTI Connext DDS provides:
- Integration with DNP3, IEC 61850, and SCADA communications
- Real-time performance for intelligent control at the edge of the grid
- Extremely scalable, suitable for increasingly large-scale and complex systems
- Able to seamlessly connect local and wide area networks, allowing integration of resources across a broad region
- Proven integration of a fast local control loop with secure connectivity over long distances and with cloud infrastructure
Autonomous car design requires a combination of revolutionary architectures and evolutionary technologies. It must seamlessly integrate multiple vendors, support compliance with evolving standards and enable continuous feature and performance improvements.
RTI Connext DDS:
- Addresses a wide range of connectivity and integration requirements
- Provides a common interface to different sensor technologies, networks and protocols
- Eases certification to ISO 26262 up to ASIL D and IEC 61508 to SIL 3
- Ensures complete location transparency and application portability
- Implements data-centric connectivity model with full visibility of data in-motion
- Delivers low latency with real-time Quality of Service (QoS)
- Meets demands of increasingly large-scale and complex systems
- Enables data-level security
Today’s healthcare systems run on real-time data. Smart systems that utilize interconnected data can improve patient outcomes, reduce medical errors and lower healthcare system costs. This seamless communication requires a highly-reliable connectivity framework to transport data, regardless of source, in real time.
RTI Connext DDS provides:
- Reliable, interoperable data exchange among complex devices and/or large-scale systems of systems
- Built-in DDS security that aligns with FDA cybersecurity
- Data-centric connectivity for full visibility into data in motion and data at rest throughout the healthcare system
- Plug-and-play interoperability that works seamlessly and securely between systems and medical devices
- Scalability to millions of nodes for large, complex systems
- Standards-compliant technology that reduces risk
A new appplication sector for RTI Connext DDS are Unmanned Aircraft Systems, known as Drones.
About Real-Time Innovations (RTI), Inc.
Real-Time Innovations is the Industrial Internet of Things (IIoT) connectivity company. The RTI Connext® databus is a software framework that shares information in real time, making applications work together as one, integrated system. It connects across field, fog and cloud. Its reliability, security, performance and scalability are proven in the most demanding industrial systems. Deployed systems include medical devices and imaging; wind, hydro and solar power; autonomous planes, trains and cars; traffic control; Oil and Gas; robotics, ships and defense.
RTI is the largest vendor of products based on the Object Management Group (OMG) Data Distribution Service™ (DDS) standard. RTI is privately held and headquartered in Sunnyvale, California.