RTI Connext DDS accelerates Autonomous System Development
Autonomous vehicles must meet rigorous safety, security, interoperability and data processing requirements. With RTI Connext DDS, Real-Time Innovations provides the only standard-based framework to support autonomous vehicle development from research to production.
RTI Connext DDS is used as the primary connectivity framework for in-car communications:
- It can meet the latency, throughput and scalability requirements of even the most demanding use cases, for example, scalable sensor fusion, using extensive QoS (Quality of Services) parameters, peer-to-peer connectivity, and efficient handling of large data.
- It has no need for servers and brokers.
- Through its flexible, extensible data model, Connext DDS easily scales according to task, from simple lab applications to multiple teams working in a distributed environment, supporting the evolution of applications across domains and over time.
Standards-Compliance and Security
To meet certification requirements for ISO 26262 ASIL-D, the functional automotive safety standard, RTI Connext DDS provides a pathway.
- Its run-time libraries provide developers with high-level publish/subscribe communication APIs that simplify application logic.
- It also eliminates the need for custom networking code and accompanying certification artifacts, avoiding years of effort and millions of dollars in cost.
Connext DDS Secure offers the only fine-grained security standard appropriate for control applications and autonomous applications. Manufacturers can selectively apply need-based security policies, such as authentication, access control and encryption to specific use cases. This speeds up transactions and supports low-latency communication for autonomous vehicles by avoiding the need to apply one size fits all security.
For Multiple Platforms
Connext DDS is a data-centric, interoperable framework that supports nearly 100 different platforms, including the most common systems used in autonomous system development. Code can be reused across vendor platforms. Extensible file types allow for the evolution of the system without breaking interoperability.
It supports the use of DDS in both the Robotic Operating System (ROS2) and AUTOSAR Adaptive platform. Its layered databus architecture connects these and other systems together for optimized end-to-end data sharing without the need for customized coding.
Learn more about the connectivity of RTI Connext DDS in industrial applications.
About Real-Time Innovations (RTI), Inc.
Real-Time Innovations is the Industrial Internet of Things (IIoT) connectivity company. The RTI Connext® databus is a software framework that shares information in real time, making applications work together as one, integrated system. It connects across field, fog and cloud. Its reliability, security, performance and scalability are proven in the most demanding industrial systems. Deployed systems include medical devices and imaging; wind, hydro and solar power; autonomous planes, trains and cars; traffic control; Oil and Gas; robotics, ships and defense.
RTI is the largest vendor of products based on the Object Management Group (OMG) Data Distribution Service™ (DDS) standard. RTI is privately held and headquartered in Sunnyvale, California.