21 Spots on the Podium in the “Distributor of the Year” Awards
Rutronik Elektronische Bauelemente GmbH has continued its series of successes in Elektronik magazine’s reader choice awards for “Distributor of the Year,” with the broadline distributor landing on the podium a whopping 21 times: four times in first, seven times in second, and ten times in third place.
As a result of the changes in the industry, distributors now offer more than just logistics and delivery processing, with their portfolio including consulting, maintenance, and other additional services. This is why in the readers’ choice awards for “Distributor of the Year”, the distributors were also judged based on their performance in these areas in a total of six different categories: Active Components, Passive Components, Electromechanics, Optoelectronics, Embedded, and Displays.
Top Rankings Validate Strategy
Rutronik stood near the top of the list in almost every area. For Thomas Rudel, CEO of Rutronik, this is further proof that customers are happy with the company’s strategy of focusing on comprehensive value-added services and a broad product range:
“As in previous years, we once again performed extremely well in the ‘Distributor of the Year’ awards. This makes us very proud. The awards also show that the combination of our 360-degree product range and comprehensive additional services perfectly meets our customers’ requirements – and our success proves this is the case.”
21 Awards for Rutronik
All in all, the company received a total of 21 awards.
Rutronik ranked first in the following categories:
- Electromechanics: Overall impression
- Electromechanics: Technical expertise and support
- Embedded: Product availability – volume
- Passive Components: Technical expertise and support
Rutronik ranked second in the following categories:
- Displays: Product portfolio
- Embedded: Delivery service – samples
- Embedded: Delivery service – volume
- Optoelectronics: Delivery service – volume
- Optoelectronics: Product availability – volume
- Optoelectronics: Technical expertise and support
- Passive Components: Delivery service – volume
Rutronik ranked third in the following categories:
- Displays: Delivery service – samples
- Displays: Product availability – samples
- Electromechanics: Product availability – volume
- Embedded: Overall impression
- Embedded: Technical expertise and support
- Optoelectronics: Overall impression
- Optoelectronics: Product portfolio
- Optoelectronics: Product availability – samples
- Passive Components: Product availability – samples
- Passive Components: Product availability – volume
About Rutronik Elektronische Bauelemente GmbH
Rutronik Elektronische Bauelemente GmbH is the third largest distributor in Europe (European Distribution Report 2017) and the number eleven worldwide (SourceToday, May 2018). The broadline distributor supplies semiconductors, passive and electromechanical components as well as boards, storage, displays & wireless products. The company‘s primary target markets are the automotive, medical, industrial, home appliance, energy and lighting industries.
The ranges RUTRONIK EMBEDDED, RUTRONIK SMART, RUTRONIK POWER and RUTRONIK AUTOMOTIVE provide customers with specific products and services in groups tailored to the respective applications. Expert technical support for product development and design-in, individual logistics and supply chain management solutions as well as comprehensive services complete its scope of performance.
The company, founded by Helmut Rudel in 1973 in Ispringen, Germany, now has over 70 subsidiaries in Europe, Asia and the Americas. Rutronik employs more than 1,700 staff worldwide and achieved Group sales of 1,05 billion euros in the fiscal year 2018.