21 Awards at “Distributor of the Year”
Already for the twelfth time, the German electronics magazine "Elektronik" has presented awards to electronics distributors. The decision for the awards was made by their customers in the context of the annual reader's choice “Distributor of the Year”. A particularly high number of awards went to Rutronik: The distributor proudly made the podium 21 times, taking seven first, six second, and eight third places. This shows that Rutronik truly lives up to its motto “Committed to Excellence”.
The distribution industry has changed significantly in recent years, with consulting, support, and other additional services becoming increasingly important in addition to logistics and delivery processing. This is why distributors were rated by readers also on their performance in these areas for “Distributor of the Year” in the categories Active Components, Passive Components, Electromechanics, Optoelectronics, Embedded, and Displays.
Rutronik was recognized in many categories and areas – proof that the strategy of focusing on a wide-ranging product portfolio and comprehensive consulting services is appreciated and rewarded by its customers. Thomas Rudel, CEO of Rutronik, said:
“We are very proud of these awards. We owe this success to our outstanding, expert employees. With our highly qualified team of product managers and field application engineers (FAEs), we support our customers from the initial idea through to the mass production of a product. This is the essence of our strategy – only proven by our success. And it motivates us to set the bar even higher next year.”
Rutronik received a total of 21 awards.
Rutronik ranked first in the following categories:
- Displays: Overall impression
- Electromechanics: Product portfolio
- Electromechanics: Delivery service
- Embedded: Overall impression
- Passive Components: Product portfolio
- Passive Components: Delivery service
- Passive Components: Technical expertise and support
Rutronik ranked second in the following categories:
- Electromechanics: Product availability – volume
- Electromechanics: Technical expertise and support
- Optoelectronics: Product portfolio
- Optoelectronics: Product availability
- Optoelectronics: Overall impression
- Passive Components: Product availability – volume
Rutronik ranked third in the following categories:
- Displays: Product availability – volume
- Displays: Delivery service – samples
- Displays: Delivery service – volume
- Embedded: Delivery service – volume
- Embedded: Technical expertise and support
- Embedded: Overall impression
- Optoelectronics: Delivery service – volume
- Passive Components: Overall impression
About Rutronik Elektronische Bauelemente GmbH
Rutronik Elektronische Bauelemente GmbH is the third largest distributor in Europe (European Distribution Report 2017) and the number eleven worldwide (SourceToday, May 2018). The broadline distributor supplies semiconductors, passive and electromechanical components as well as boards, storage, displays & wireless products. The company's primary target markets are the automotive, medical, industrial, home appliance, energy and lighting industries. The ranges RUTRONIK EMBEDDED, RUTRONIK SMART, RUTRONIK POWER and RUTRONIK AUTOMOTIVE provide customers with specific products and services in groups tailored to the respective applications. Expert technical support for product development and design-in, individual logistics and supply chain management solutions as well as comprehensive services complete its scope of performance.
The company, founded by Helmut Rudel in 1973 in Ispringen, Germany, now has over 70 subsidiaries in Europe, Asia and the Americas. Rutronik employs more than 1,600 staff worldwide and achieved Group sales of 950 million euros in the fiscal year 2017.